Doctoral Student and Junior Faculty Paper Competition
Full details can be found by clicking here.
Attention Doctoral Students and untenured Junior Faculty members. The Board of the Northeast Business & Economics Association cordially invites your full paper submission to the Doctoral Student and Junior Faculty paper competition of the 2017 NBEA Annual Conference. One or two monetary awards will be granted.
Deadline On or Before August 30, 2017
Early submissions are encouraged!
The NBEA paper competition will be run at two levels (doctoral students and junior faculty). A junior faculty member is defined, as an individual who is employed in a full-time tenured track position, does not have tenure, and is in the process of earning his or her doctoral degree, or had earned his or her doctoral degree within the past 10 years. A doctoral student is defined as an individual who is enrolled either full or part-time in a program that leads to a doctoral degree focused on any business related area (including, but not limited to: education, ind. psychology, economics, CIS, org theory, mgt, acct, finance, etc.) Award winners will be asked to provide documentation of eligibility as a student or junior faculty member.
Papers eligible for consideration and review:
· Your paper abstract or proposal has been accepted for presentation for the 2017 NBEA Conference.
· Your full paper is received by the conference chair on or before the required deadline, August 30, 2017.
· Original full papers must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
· Appropriate page range is 15-25 pages. No dissertations; research papers only.
· Author must registered and available to present the paper at the annual meeting of the conference.
· Multiple authors qualify as long as all authors are individually eligible for this competition.
Doctoral Student/Junior Faculty Paper Winners will receive the following:
· $250 stipend (intended to be used to offset travel expenses, but is available at discretion of winner). [Note: One doctoral student award and one junior faculty award will be granted; a total of two awards for the conference. The review committee may reduce the number of awards granted based on the submissions received.
· Public recognition at the NBEA Annual Conference Luncheon.
Procedure for entering the paper competition:
· The Full paper is to be emailed to the proceedings editor anytime on or before the deadline, August 30, 2017. Please email your competition submission to: Dr. Jennifer Hom at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early submissions are encouraged!
· In the cover letter, please state whether you are a doctoral student or a junior faculty and that the paper is being submitted to the competition. Please provide us full contact information (address, email, phone). Please state that, if you are selected as a winner, you are available to present your paper at the conference in October 2017.
· Submission of your paper for the competition does not interfere with you presenting your accepted paper at the conference. Though the submission date for abstracts, proposals, and conference papers is April 10, the FULL papers for this competition are not due until August 30.
· If you have any questions pertaining to the Junior Faculty/Doctoral student competition, please contact the competition chairperson at email@example.com .